Love beef? Love bacon? This is the burger for you! This 50/50 burger is the juciest one around and is topped off with a kickin jalapeno onion relish. Low carb, keto, paleo friendly.
This recipe originally appeared on Our Toasty Life
We first heard about the 50/50 while eating at a local burger joint.
We got it and knew right away we could do this juicy patty ourselves.
Before we made them ourselves we imagined we needed to give it some sort of extra KICK. That is where the jalapeno relish comes in!
We thought, how could we infuse more bacon into this juicy patty?!?!? Cook our onions and jalapenos in more bacon grease! Viola! Our perfect combo!
Serve the burgers up protein style (in a lettuce wrap for those of you who don’t have In-n-Out). With the cabbage, tomatoes and relish there is no need for cheese, but we has some leftover from a previous BBQ so we decided to use it up.
- 1/2 lb bacon (low-sodium, no sugar added)
- 1/2 lb ground beef (90/10)
- black pepper
- 1 head of romaine heart lettuce
- 1 roma tomato
- 1 cup angel hair shredded cabbage
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 large jalapeno
- 2 tbs bacon grease
- black pepper
- Chop the bacon into small lardons
- Cook it half way and reserve 2 tbs of grease
- Cool bacon and mix with the ground beef
- Add black pepper
- Form into 8, 2oz patties and grill or pan sear to your likeness
- Finally on a separate plate have your romaine, tomato, and cabbage ready to go!
- Slice the onion thin
- Slice the jalapeno into thin half moons (If you prefer a less spicy relish, remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapenos)
- In a sauté pan, heat up the bacon grease and cook onions to translucent
- Add in jalapenos and a dash of salt and pepper until softened
- Serve as a topping on your burger!